Mission Statement, Values and Ethos
THE EASTBOURNE ACADEMY WANTS YOU AS A STUDENT TO HAVE YOUR FUTURE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS. TO DO THIS YOU NEED TO LEARN, ENGAGE AND RESPECT.
Every member of staff is responsible and accountable for ensuring that the mission statement becomes reality for all the students in his or her care. The Academy Improvement Plan explains how we will get there.
What are we aiming to achieve?
* School of Choice for all local young people
* Raise the aspirations of students and the whole community – valuing learning and having pride in the Academy
* Significant improvements in progress and achievement for every student while they are with us.
* Based on 3 learning communities
* Inclusion with a wide range of support strategies (Centre of Induction and Acceleration)
* A member of Swale Academies Trust, one of the highest performing Academy Trusts in the South East.
* LA funded specialist ASD facility.
* Outstanding learning and creative teaching – innovative using digital technologies –anytime, anywhere learning, science enquiry-based learning, research culture.
* Generating commitment to learning for life
* Personalised curriculum ‘stage not age’ challenging and supportive, high level of competence in English and Maths – functional skills acquisition
* Extended day to support enrichment activities for all
* Heart of the local community, parents, carers, adult education and sporting opportunities
* Supporting transitions - working with primary schools, federation, college and university
What is the Academy doing to achieve the vision?
* Developing the Specialism of Digital Technologies
* Creating a culture in which students Learn, Engage and Respect
* Equipping students with the skills they need (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills) plus Literacy/Numeracy
* Additional focus on English and Mathematics
* A range of outstanding student leadership programmes
* Engaging in the alternative courses needed to support personalised learning
* Improving the quality of learning and teaching (including use of Directors of Learning - DOLs)
* Giving Hampden Park an inspiring physical learning environment
* Using the support of the Sponsor to develop:
- The workforce
- Parental skills
- Student performance
Priorities within the Academy Improvement Plan (AIP)
From our self-evaluation, we have identified the following priorities for improvement in 2017-18:
Enhancing the quality of our teaching
Improving the skills of our students
- Raising the profile of our school in our community